Busy 24 Hours and Great Save
Maugansville Volunteer Firefighters were kept busy yesterday assisting other companies and saving a home in the Maugansville Area. The day started with an Apartment Fire on Ashfield Court off Robinwood Drive. This fire quickly escalated to 2 alarms. First arriving units reported fire through the roof of the 3 story building. The cause of the fire was improperly disposed smoking material. The fire caused an estimated 3 Million dollars damage and took firefighters 90 minutes to declare fire under control. The building had 26 units and all families have been displaced. Remember smoking material should be ran under water to completely extinguish before discarding.
5:30 PM Responded for as fuel spill on I-81 Exit 5 In Greencastle
Then at 9:51 PM firefighters were alerted for a house fire on Bluebell Drive. Crew on engine 131 arrived and found fire burning up the siding of the home. Firefighters made quick work to knock the fire down and saving the interior of the garage and home. Cause of this fire was a discarded cigarette. Two fires in one day both caused by cigarettes. Folks if you must smoke please be sure the smoking material is extinguished before disposal. Maugansville , LongMeadow, Hagerstown Fire Department, Special Ops, Greencastle and Community Rescue were dispatched on the call. Great Job and save by firefighters.
Last call was today at 11:49 for an airplane crash at Hagerstown Regional airport for a small plane down. Plane crash landed however both people on board were uninjured. No other information is available at this time.
Please folks be safe and think fire safety at all times. Think of it this way 3,000,000.00 + in fire and property loss over two cigarettes.