Cooking is often a relaxing and fun task that brings family and friends together, but cooking is also the number one cause of home fires and home injuries. Being mindful while you cook, however, can go a long way to helping prevent these fires. Here is everything you need to know about cooking safely!
Cooking Fire Safety- Facts
- Unattended cooking is the leading factor in home cooking fires.
- Ranges accounted for the largest share of home cooking fire incidents.
- Frying poses the greatest risk of fire.
- Thanksgiving is the peak day for home cooking fires.
- Two-thirds of home cooking fires started when food or other cooking materials caught fire.